From the category archives: Georgia Chapter
Friday, January 24, 2020 12:49 PM
ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - Georgia chapter OFFICE
||Vice President of Education/Safety and Operations
TO APPLY: All submissions will be kept confidential. Submit resume and cover letter highlighting why you are interested and qualified for this opening to Bill Anderson at email@example.com.
Overall Job Objective
- • This dynamic and growing trade association seeks a senior level executive to replace an EVP who is retiring after 16 years. This professional will help us work towards achieving our vision and mission established by our board of directors. There is excellent opportunities for long-term career growth and increased responsibilities. This position has two direct reports: (1) office and database manager and (2) events and marketing manager.
- • He/she will help ABC of Georgia continue to be a leading provider of construction education. They will work with the chapter’s Education Committee and Safety Forum to develop and present an extensive catalog of programs addressing current training and informational needs of ABC members. Also serves as liaison with other industry groups addressing workforce development, particularly on industry boards. Champion of the chapter’s strategic planning and governance. Also assists the President & CEO with overall operations.
Estimated allocation of activities:
- • Management education – 60%
- • Safety – 20%
- • Workforce Development – 5%
- • Strategic Planning/Governance/ Operations/other – 15%
- • Serves as staff liaison to ABC Education Committee.
- • Oversees development and execution of all educational programs.
- • Identifies educational needs of ABC members.
- • Secures volunteers and professional presenters for programs.
- • Markets educational programs; oversees development of marketing materials.
- • Creates and monitors annual education budget, ensuring that educational programs generate significant non-dues income for the Chapter.
- • Directs and manages Future Leaders, Construction Academy, Advanced Leadership and other programs and classes.
- • Markets ABC training center to ABC members, Atlanta-based associations and others.
- • Markets and coordinates private classes as requested.
- • Serves as staff liaison to ABC Safety Forum.
- • Plans safety seminars/programs- secures presenters.
- • Promotes the benefits of ABC National STEP safety awards program to contractor members – coordinate entries with ABC National.
- • Manages Georgia Chapter local safety awards event.
- • Works with events manager to present annual safety awards luncheon.
- • Educates & informs members regarding ABC National safety products/services and how they can benefit their companies.
- • Serves as staff safety & OSHA resource.
- • Champion of chapter’s strategic plan and the ongoing process of the plan’s execution.
- • Assists President to oversee association’s governance and operations.
- • Serves on construction advisory boards of Gwinnett Tech and Kennesaw State.
- • Works with local universities/colleges and other groups to develop stronger relationships and manage Student Chapters.
- • Provides oversight of ABC’s marketing efforts through published materials and electronic means.
- • Leads special projects, including publications, awards materials, etc.
- • Provides overall support to ABC office as determined by President, including but not limited to assisting with ABC membership events.
Excellent Benefits Package:
- • Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- • Association pays for 100% of employee’s health, vision and dental coverage.
- • 401 (k) retirement plan – 4% automatic matching (no contributions needed) and then up to another 4% matching for a total of 8%.
- • The ABC headquarters is conveniently located in north Sandy Springs off GA 400 at Exit # 6 Northridge Road.
Read the rest of entry »
- • Candidates with association management experience and a CAE (or a plan and commitment to earn theirs) are strongly preferred. Knowledge of the commercial construction or a related industry will be helpful but not required.
- • Attendance at events during business hours and evenings is required. The ability to help load and unload items for meetings also is necessary. Ability to multi-task well is essential. Strong skills with Microsoft programs, TEAMS, Word, Excel and Access; ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines; strong verbal/communication skills; and attention to details.