Associated Builders and Contractors - Rocky Mountain Chapter
||Director of Education & Safety
TO APPLY: submit a letter of intent, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Staff Liaison/Supervises: Chapter Workforce Development Committees, and Denver Regional Council and Committees.
Major Functions: Serve as the director of the Denver region in cooperation with designated Denver Council and committees/members in the region. Oversee chapter-wide efforts and relationships for Workforce Development.
Areas of Responsibility: Responsibilities include new member prospecting, which involves face to face meetings with potential, current, and new members. Performing administrative functions such as updating member and prospect information into the chapter’s database. Planning and executing membership events and meetings. This position is a Director for the Denver Colorado Region which we define as South of Fredrick & North of Monument, Colorado.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, but a fair representation of the job requirements.
Manage all negotiations and arrangements pertaining to Denver Regional Events. Event topics listed below could vary year to year.
Denver Membership Events:
- • Economic Forecast Breakfast with Anirban Basu
- • ABC Contractor Showcase
- • Holiday Party
Denver Membership Meetings:
- • ABC Essentials
- • Business Development Exchanges
- • Seminars / Lunch & Learn
Assist with Chapter-wide Events* that occur in Denver. Attendance isn’t mandatory but all efforts should be made to attend given interaction opportunity with members.
- • Clay Shoot
- • Campbell Amble Golf Tournament
- • Safety Awards
- • Excellence in Construction Awards
Administrative and Member Services
- • Keep track of Partnership Program for items utilized for Denver events and trainings.
- • Coordinate with the other internal members of the team to ensure continuity and consistency in all membership retention and recruitment activities.
- • Submit financial reports, statements and membership billings to President on a timely basis.
- • Develop annual budgets for regional meetings and special events. Complete monthly budget tracking information for each area of programming.
- • Use Chapter database as necessary to update event and member information.
- • Promote attendance at General Membership Meetings and other chapter programs to members and prospective members.
- • Promote committee involvement to all association members.
- • Create and disseminate monthly and annual event surveys to the membership. Summarize results in reports for Board of Directors and committees.
Workforce Development (WD)
- • Responsible for vetting any incoming new WD opportunity and advising regional councils on partnership.
- • Work with regional committees/members to drive initiatives forward. Includes partnerships already formed in each region and potentially adding more.
- • Social media posting for key initiatives and events.
- • PowerPoint presentations, Adobe InDesign creation of flyers/marketing material and event/class artwork, Press Releases, and scriptwriting as needed for meetings, presentations, and events.
- • Liaison for advertising opportunities within Denver region.
- • Create and manage Constant Contact notifications for relevant news and announcements.
- • Keep Board of Directors and President/CEO informed of all information relative to the initiation, implementation and evaluation of council and committee efforts.
- • Submit articles as needed and proof all Merit Builder publications.
- • Track all financial aspects of meetings/events, committees and mileage reimbursement and submit to Accounting on a monthly basis.
- • Work with Council & Committee chairs on driving the Chapter's Strategic Goals forward
- • Stay abreast of industry events and member news.
- • Attend all regular staff meetings.
- • Perform such other duties as designated by the President/CEO.
Chapter Staff: Maintain a professional and working relationship with other staff members that will help the association reach its objectives smoothly. Always endeavor to be a team player.
Chapter Committees: Maintain a professional and ethical relationship that will help the chapter committee/council region achieve its goal. Assist group to the extent that staff & budgeted resources are available.
General Membership: Always respond professionally and quickly to inquiries or requests for help from members. Requests for services or assistance outside of the department’s resources should be referred to the appropriate department or the President / CEO.