ABC chapters across the country are celebrating Construction Safety Week 2018
, May 7-11. These chapters are raising awareness about the importance of safety on construction jobsites by hosting events, sharing resources, holding safety stand-downs and more. Below are a just a few examples of ABC chapters going above and beyond to spread the word:
• ABC Western Michigan is expecting more than 200 tradespeople and several senior MIOSHA officials at a Grand Rapids jobsite managed by Pioneer Construction at its stand-down for fall protection.
• ABC Arizona Builders Alliance is working with highway contractors, subcontractors, the Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health and others to promote Safety Week through billboards, highway warning signs, seminars and jobsite events.
• ABC Oklahoma is participating in an OSHA safety stand-down and free fall protection class.
• ABC Keystone is holding a STEP awards dinner to honor member achievements in safety.
• ABC Alabama is holding a chapter safety committee meeting including topical discussions such as heat stress.
• ABC Northern Alabama is hosting a fall protection stand-down and recognizing STEP winners at a safety celebration cookout.
Continue to look out for daily Safety Week social media posts
as part of an awareness campaign from ABC National and Construction Executive
that highlights ABC member achievements in safety performance and ABC’s commitment to achieving zero-incident jobsites. Visit constructionsafetyweek.com
, and keep sharing your event plans by using the hashtags #ABCMeritShopProud and #safetyweek.