ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - new Hampshire/Vermont chapter OFFICE
||Office & Events Support Specialist
TO APPLY: Submit resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to Chapter President, Josh Reap: email@example.com.
ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing nearly 21,000 chapter members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 69 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at www.abc.org.
The Office & Events Support Specialist is responsible for Responsible for organizing and coordinating administrative duties and office procedures, creating and maintaining a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety. Support ABC’s event programming, educational classes and support ABC committees as needed.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
• Primary person on the phones and respond to inquiries
• Creates and maintains bill registrar for all invoicing, prepares and mails all invoices
• Maintain appropriate level of materials, office supplies
• Tracks and follows up with outstanding receivables
• Maintains database for member records, owner records and all other contacts
• Processes information from all new member applications into database and follows up to gather all required information for accurate data
• Enter program/event/class registration for ABC and send confirmations as needed
• Coordinate, schedule and manage registration for events (attendee registration, venues, volunteer coordination, etc.)
• Recruit and organize volunteers for each ABC chapter event
• Manage the Golf Tournament and Construction Awards committees and others as assigned
• Solicits and coordinates ads for the quarterly RESOURCE magazine
• Assist with catering needs for education programs, events and other meetings
• Filing of monthly ABC National Chapter Dues report before deadline
• Sort the mail
• Maintain filing system
• Ensure available funds exist in the postage machine
• Point of contact for day to day vendor operations
• Customer service experience
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word and Access
• Organized with effective time management skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
• Self-motivated and administratively self-maintaining
• Demonstrable capability for strategic thinking
• General business understanding
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Access and Excel
• Customer service experience
• A minimum of an Associates degree or equivalent experience
• Prior experience and or understanding of association management
• Valid New Hampshire Driver’s License, vehicle and insurance
• Must be able to travel in connection with ABC events but no more than once or twice a month, and seldom -if ever- overnight
• Must be able to work typical office hours of 8:30am to 5pm, standard 40 hours a week, occasionally with evening or early morning hours as required by ABC chapter events.
• To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
• Professional demeanor and presentation of self.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of different people.
• Organizational awareness and resourcefulness with an understanding of whom to engage for resolving issues.
• Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines.
• Writing and verbal skills.
• Self-starter and highly organized.
• Coordination of projects, meetings and/or events a plus.
• Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills.
• Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently.
• Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem solving skills to resolve issues.
• Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards.
• Work accurately with close attention to detail.
Nondiscrimination: It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disability Specifications: ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Physical Demands: While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.