ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - NATIONAL OFFICE
TO APPLY: Click Here
||Manager of Workforce Development
|Workforce Development Department
|VP, Workforce Development & HSE
to apply online.
ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national association with 69 chapters representing more than 21,000 merit shop construction and construction-related firms. ABC's membership represents all specialties within the U.S. construction industry and is comprised primarily of firms that perform work in the industrial and commercial sectors of the industry.
The Workforce Development Manager supports the ABC National Workforce Development initaitives including but not limited to support of the Workforce Development team. This individual will serve as a liaison to ABC’s chapter network of education and workforce development professionals across the country. The coordinator of Workforce Development will serve as a leader of the association’s efforts to provide better access to construction industry education programs and rewarding careers. Strong communications, logistics and organizational skills required to support all Workforce Development programs and web pages.
Description of Duties
Workforce Development Programs and Initaitives
• Manage planning and logistics of the annual ABC Education Professional Summit
• Work with the Director of Workfoce Deevelopment and manage the ABC’s New Education Professional’s Orientations
• Serve as primary contact for the ABC CAREER System
o Update and maintain supporting materials and documents provided to chapters
• Oversee procurement and expediting of all promotional items including but not limited to:
o National Craft Championships
o Construction Management Competition
o Workforce Development initaitives
• Assist with the Workforce Development Competitions including but not limited to:
o Registration process including: pre-registration development, onsite registration, and supporting materials for distribution to competitors
o Competition setup
o Competition scoring
o Volunteer activity onsite
o Inventory load in and load out procedures
o Shipping process including inventory, labeling and distribution of competition materials
Careers in Construction Awards Program
• Manage the Craft Professional of the Year and Craft Instructor of the Year program, including:
o Awards submissions and management of nomination process
o Finalist Awards
o Serving as onsite contact for award finalists
o Serving as liaison to award national sponsors
o Ensure all awards and prizes are procured and expedited
• Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Workforce Development
• Assist with department inventory for items in storage with EXCEL
• Bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience
• Three years of experience in program administration
• Proficient in Microsoft Desktop applications
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
• Professional demeanor and presentation of self
• Strong writing and verbal communications skills
• Self-starter, highly organized
• Coordination of projects, conference calls, webinars, meetings and/or events
• Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to work in a demanding work schedule
• Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem-solving skills to resolve issues
• Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards
• Work accurately with close attention to detail
• It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
• While performing the responsibilities of the coordinator of workforce development, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
• Minimal overnight travel (up to 25%) by land and/or air.