|| Marketing Coordinator
|FUNCTIONAL AREA / DEPARTMENT:
|| Public Affairs & Member Services
|| Director of Marketing
To Apply: Please follow this link.
ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 21,000 members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 69 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at abc.org.
The Marketing Coordinator reports to the director of marketing and supports the association’s efforts to market ABC’s signature events, programs, and resources. This includes creating and updating the event web sites with timely and accurate data, as well as managing email scheduling and sending for the entire organization. This position works with marketing/member services team and the sponsorship sales team to facilitate a positive customer experience for sponsors and event attendees and requires the ability to communicate effectively and proactively with internal and external stakeholders to keep projects moving forward to meet deadlines.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Working alongside the director of marketing to market ABC’s signature events, programs, and resources, including but not limited to:
- Effective and proactive communication with all necessary parties.
- Creating marketing campaign overviews and making sure that the campaign is executed as planned.
- Writing emails.
- Managing email review with all necessary parties (director of marketing, program managers, copy editors).
- Sending emails using the Constant Contact platform.
- ABC National email air traffic control – act as the point person for all emails that are sent from ABC national. This includes weekly outgoing communication to ABC National staff, maintaining an ongoing inventory of the upcoming week’s emails, scheduling them, confirming contact lists and sending the emails.
- Creation of sponsor prospectus.
- Coordinating the planning for, building and launch of ABC’s signature event websites in a timely, proactive manner while efficiently communicating with all necessary parties.
- Overnight travel is expected three times a year to ABC conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Strong oral communications skills
- Attention to detail required.
- Strong writing skills required; marketing abilities helpful.
- One -three years’ work experience required
- Account management helpful.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (specifically PowerPoint and Excel) preferred.
- Experience working in an email platform such as Constant Contact.
- Experience editing websites via a content management system is a bonus.
- Possess a clear “go-getter” personality.
- Team player, self-motivated and have the ability and desire to manage multiple task and goals, problem-solve and maintain high ethical standards, tact and diplomacy skills.
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
- Self-motivated, organized and resourceful.
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Positive attitude, team oriented and willingness to assist where/when needed.
- Exhibit good oral and written communication skills, earning trust from employees at all levels.
- Professional presentation and projects self confidence.
It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.