Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2021 12:23 PM By Jennifer Huber
ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - Central Florida chapter OFFICE
||ABC Central Florida Board of Directors
||All chapter staff and their performance
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter including salary expectations and resume to [email protected].
The President & CEO is responsible for all aspects of chapter operations, its staff, Board of Directors and member services.
The President & CEO is responsible for the overall leadership and administration of the association. This includes the assessing of member needs, developing programs to meet these needs and conducting these programs in a strategic manner. The President & CEO shall be responsible for:
- Hiring and dismissal of all personnel and performance of same.
- Enforcing and carrying out all policies and procedures as outlined in the HR policy manual.
Budget & Financial Management
- Preparing the annual budget with the Budget and Finance Committee and obtaining approvals from the Board of Directors.
- Managing any accounting staff as well as working with the contracted CPA firms regarding regular financial bookkeeping and oversight of accounting practices, reconciliations and annual review / audit.
- Managing the maintenance of all necessary record keeping activities & requirements, including all monthly reporting and tax requirement filings.
- Enforcing and carrying out all the fiscal policies and procedures.
Board of Directors
- Carrying out the actions of the Board.
- Maintaining and preparing all information for the Board of Directors meetings.
- Carrying out the Strategic Plan as developed and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Ensuring the chapter follows the bylaws and policies of the national association, the chapter and the laws of the United States and the State of Florida.
- Working collaboratively with ABC National staff and other chapters to advance the chapter, state, and national goals.
Planning & Strategy
- Working collaboratively with the Board of Directors to create a strategic plan for the Chapter, on an annual basis in alignment with the overall ABC Association Wide Strategic Plan.
- Executing the strategies and action plans of the Strategic Plan in collaboration with the Board of Directors and the Chapter Committees
- Maintaining, measuring & reporting to the Board of Directors and Membership the progress of the Strategic Plan.
- Working with the Chair of the Workforce Development Committee to identify and meet the education and training needs of the membership.
- Directing and overseeing the workforce development initiatives.
- Direct and oversee staff to carry out the strategies and action plans of the Strategic Plan as it relates to the initiatives in Workforce Development.
- Working with staff and committees to meet the needs of the membership.
- Directing and overseeing the Membership Director to promote growth and retention.
- Ensuring Membership staff executes the strategies and action plans of the Strategic Plan.
- Being the chief spokesperson for the association. The President & CEO needs to work with the current Chairman in representing ABC.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with public and private organizations, including local and national publications.
- Promoting and getting ABC’s name out “When you think construction, you think ABC.”
- Working with the staff and various committees to meet the needs of the membership.
- Working with the Legislative Committee to execute the goals and objectives of the committee and the strategic plan.
- Promoting and modeling the ABC saying, “Get into politics or get out of business.”
- Identifying and developing strategic relationships with state and local officials for the betterment of ABC.
- Maintaining an awareness of laws and regulations (proposed and enacted) that affect the industry and membership.
- Understanding the importance of having strategic relationships and strategizing with related industries (ie: homebuilders)
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Passion for the free enterprise system and merit shop philosophy.
- Experience in leadership, management and decision‐making with direct accountability for results at the executive level, with a budget and staff of comparable size and complexity to that of ABC.
- Experience building consensus among disparate groups and volunteer leaders with varied and often competing interests.
- Experience in engaging, delegating & motivating both staff and volunteers in the execution & implementation of association plans, activities, events.
- Experience serving as a politically savvy face and voice of an industry or group at the local, state or national level; a skilled and strategic spokesperson and advocate on public policy issues and with the media.
- While experience in the construction industry is not a requirement, knowledge of, or the ability to quickly become substantively credible on, the construction industry and the issues affecting it is important.
Critical Competencies for Success
Strategic Visionary: He/she will be an executive who will tell the merit shop industry's story in a credible and passionate way that enhances the business climate and adds value to ABC's members.
The President and CEO will be experienced at anticipating issues and building consensus around policy positions; be an active listener who, in a collaborative but aggressive fashion, cultivates and leverages a network of relationships to advance the industry's agenda. The President and CEO will work with the board to balance long‐term strategic thinking with short‐term goals. The President and CEO will work collaboratively with the national association leadership in the alignment of strategy with the ABC Association Wide Plan.
Leadership and Management: The President and CEO will work with the management team and Board to ensure the association's continued operational strength. He/she will demonstrate a transparent and inclusive style; build consensus around key issues and initiatives, and, promote a culture of passion and urgency among the staff.
The President and CEO will help lead ABC to be the most powerful pro‐business, pro‐free enterprise advocate for the construction industry and lead the association to consistently deliver value to its members and the construction industry.
Copies of the organizational structure, the most current strategic plan and the bylaws of the Central Florida Chapter can be provided upon request.