||Wednesday, August 11, 2021
||2 p.m. EDT
||Lauren Pinch, ABC National
Change orders are a fact of life in construction. The bigger or more complicated the job, the more likely the changes are to come. While most contracts anticipate change, only the rare few adequately address what actually happens in the field. Tune in for this webinar to protect your right to get paid and protect yourself from loss the next time a change in the work occurs.
- • In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- • How to make sure the provisions you sign off on today will work in your favor tomorrow.
- • How to set yourself up for payment even if you don’t have a signed change order.
- • How to protect yourself from delay damages for time spent waiting for written authorization to proceed with a change.
- • Tips to avoid conflict between what the contract says and what has to happen in the field.
With more than 30 years of experience, Eliot Wagonheim serves as general counsel to small and mid-sized businesses in a wide array of industries in both litigation and corporate matters. His clients range from five-person shops to some of the most successful and recognized companies in the region.
Over the course of his career, Wagonheim and his team have served as buyer’s counsel, as well as seller’s counsel in transactions ranging from $50,000 to $100,000,000. From a litigation perspective, Wagonheim has both won and successfully defended cases ranging from multi-million dollar, bet-your-company cases to smaller, District Court actions.
In addition to working with clients, Wagonheim also supports organizations and people by teaching online webinars, workshops and master classes through the online platform WagonheimU, in addition to speaking virtually and in-person.
As a teacher and guide, Wagonheim helps people to understand the language and terms that can protect them and their businesses faster and more efficiently than ever.