From the category archives: Chesapeake Shores Chapter
Chesapeake Shores Chapter
Wednesday, January 12, 2022 7:49 AM
ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - CHESAPEAKE SHORES CHAPTER OFFICE
||Member Engagement Manager
||Vice President of Chapter Services
Contact President & CEO Chris Garvey with your resume and letter of interest - [email protected].
Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national trade association representing more than 21,000 construction and industry-related firms. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 69 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically and profitably, for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work.
The number one goal for this position is to retain and grow the membership. This position is responsible for selling memberships, securing membership renewals, promoting the mission of ABC, supporting the strategic plan and vision for the Chapter, supporting and promoting education programs, planning and promoting events, and assisting the Chapter in educating key audiences on merit shop issues in the construction industry. Regular visits with members, prospects, education contacts, and political, business, and community leaders are a priority. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Chapter Services.
The ideal candidate must be a proven self-starter willing to take responsibility of growing and servicing our membership under the guidance of Chapter leadership. The successful candidate will also be able to take direction, to be innovative, to be interested in making suggestions to improve programs, and to be creative in packaging and promoting membership.
- Sales and customer-service oriented individual who can develop new business and is comfortable with fundraising, relationship development, recruiting new members, and building new business partners.
- Adept with Microsoft products, social media, current technology.
- Ability to nurture ongoing relationships with members to reach and exceed annual retention goals.
- Must be a proven task-oriented self-starter who thrives in an independent work environment.
- Well-organized, goal-oriented and attention to detail.
- Articulate and comfortable calling members and prospective members to track down information, following up on lapsed memberships, and responding to inquiries.
- Must be coachable, willing to learn, and confident in proposing innovative ideas to management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote and track member involvement in ABC programs and services, committees, projects, and political action (to generate and maintain 90%+ member retention).
- Schedule prospect visits and follow-ups (minimum goal is to secure two new members per month).
- Conduct new member visits/orientations and member visits.
- Develop and implement strategy for increasing non-dues revenue.
- Motivate and coordinate membership promotion by members and various committees.
- Identify, recruit, provide member services and track benefits provided to corporate sponsors to ensure that all sponsors receive benefits offered.
- Actively maintain and use the association management software (AMS), to record prospects, prospect visits, member meeting notes, new member records, renewal records, event registrations, and other Chapter member related data.
- Attend staff meetings, board meetings, and events in various regions and participate in various teleconferences.
- Provide members with information on government and legislative issues, safety services, education programs, business referrals and construction user relations.
- Work with chapter education staff to promote all education and training programs (including supplier donations and a minimum 10% increase in enrollment).
- Respond promptly to inquiries from prospective members, members, directors, and others.
- Assist in creating and updating membership and marketing materials, including letters, flyers for upcoming events, welcome packets, fact sheets, directories, surveys, and others.
- Assist the Chapter leadership as necessary in planning and executing events and day-to-day operations of the office.
Annapolis MD based, but on-the-road 90% of time primarily within the Maryland based chartered region of the Chapter.
This is a full-time non exempt position. Pay is base salary plus incentive.
College degree preferred but not required. Demonstrated understanding of Sandler Sales Training and Covey 7 Habits of Effective People are a plus.
Accurate, professional English writing and public speaking skills are essential. Ability to respond to inquiries from members in a professional and friendly way. Ability to speak effectively to members, prospects, partners, elected officials and to the general public.
Must be able to identify and orchestrate tasks necessary to accomplish a goal. Must be personable and able to relate and interface effectively with contractors, educators, and other business professionals.
Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and automobile insurance. Vehicle occasionally needed to transport displays and materials for events, tradeshows, and booths.
Must be able to drive, lift up to 15 pounds, sit, stand.
This employee works independently out of a regional satellite office. Expected to occasionally physically work out of central office based in Annapolis, MD.
Read the rest of entry »
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
- This description reflects managements assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
- This job description is subject to change at any time.